What are you doing with my data?
At the White House Inn we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it. Your personal information refers to the data obtained from you in connection with the service provided. We are dedicated to using your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and not to do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect. We only use your data to ensure you have a positive experience each time you interact with the White House Inn.
That includes doing things like:
- Confirming, amending or cancelling a reservation
- Contacting you in response to a request you have made
- Following up to ensure everything was as per your requirements
- Storing it securely in order to provide you with seamless service for repeat business
- Contacting you via email, if you have chosen to opt in to our loyalty scheme or newsletter database
- Informing you of a change to our policies or any issues with a service/facility
- We also use it for business, regulatory and legal purposes, like health and safety (e.g. registration forms so we can account for guests in the hotel)
Our general email enquiry forms on the website are sent via an encrypted channel however we ask that you do not include confidential information when using them (such as bank account details).
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as post code
- Your preferences and interests
- Allergy information for guests dining with us
- Cookie Usage
Cookies are small amounts of information that are sent to and are stored on your computer. They are used by the hotel to identify you when you visit the site, and to make your use of the site more convenient for you. If you do not wish to have Cookies placed on your computer you can disable Cookies on your internet browser.
Why we collect the information
Your information helps us understand your needs
- It helps us provide you with a better service
- It helps us improve our products and services
- If you have opted in, it means we can keep you up to date with special offers using the email address you have provided
- It means we can contact you by email, phone, or mail should we need to
Retention of data
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected, or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
Do you share my data with other organisations?
No. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
Links to other websites
Your personal information will be stored securely for a maximum of three months should you not be successfully employed. Written consent is required if you authorise for your personal data to be securely held for a maximum of six months.
As a result of improvements we make to our services, amendments to laws or regulation or developments in the technology or processes we use, we may need to change the information we hold about you and/or the way in which the purposes for which we process such information. Where we require your consent to such change we will notify you of the change. However, unless you inform us otherwise, we will deem your continued use of products and services to which the change relates to constitute your consent to the relevant change.